Worship Service Resumes At School, June 21, 10:00 a.m.
We are looking forward to regathering this Sunday, June 21, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. at the Coronado Elementary School. We have several who want to regather. We are taking steps to ensure that it will be a safe and protected place for you to be able to worship confidently.
Here are the things that will be in place for each Sunday that we worship.
1. We will be cleaning all equipment and chairs before and after service.
2. We will not be having children’s ministry available in the classrooms.
3. We will be having a children’s learning moment in the service. We also will be making available materials for children to complete that tie in with their learning moment.
4. We are asking people to observe social distancing. Families or couples can sit together with chairs closer together. While we realize the real goal of social distancing involves maintaining 6 foot spacing between individuals, we also recognize according to the language of the social distancing guidelines, that it is to be practiced “to the extent feasible.” There will be some instances passing by someone on the way in or going out from the service where that 6-foot distance may not be able to be maintained. We are mindful of the “letter of the law” while at the same time embracing the “spirit of the law.”
5. If you want to help not spread the virus, we ask that you wear a face mask. If you don’t have a face mask, we will have one available for you as you come into the service. Wearing a mask is mandatory.
6. We will not be taking an offering. There will be an offering basket available on the Info Table where you can place your offering.
7. We will not be serving communion. We do not encourage shaking hands.
8. We will pray, study the Word of God, and worship Jesus. It will be an enjoyable time.
We are also aware of the fact that many may not choose to come back right away to our worship service at the school. We are mindful of feelings about getting out in a public gathering. For those who choose not to attend, we will continue to have our online service at 10:00 a.m. each Sunday. You will experience the full activity of what is in the physical service online.
We hope to see everyone this week. We will be in touch with you each week to see how everyone is doing. – Pastor Dan